As a part of patient education program, an interactive audio-visual inhaler training program is available Free for Asthma and COPD patients.
Here is the link: http://www.use-inhalers.com/
The inhaler training is available for 10 inhalers in English and Spanish - MDI (with Spacer, closed mouth and open mouth), Diskus, Autohaler, Flexhaler, Handihaler, Accuhaler, Twisthaler, Aerolizer, Neohaler and Respimat.
There are 4 training modules:
1) Lean Quick- Short you tube videos that explain about correct use of inhaler device
2) Learn and Practice - Learn mode provides step by step instructions and Practice mode allows patients to practice using webcam with the onscreen instructor
3) Learn in Depth - This is a complete inhaler training with Quiz
4) Educational Animated videos explaining about basics about Asthma and Inhalers for kids and teens.
5) Free Apps available "How to Use Inhalers" and 'Assist Me with Inhalers" Download from the App Store
The major benefits of online inhaler training for Asthma patients and Health Professionals:
a) Saves Asthma Educator's time in teaching the inhaler techniques & gives you more time to work on other Asthma management programs.
b) Reduces patient's cost of medicine and ER visits in long term by reinforcing the correct inhaler technique.
c) Superior educational tool for Asthma and COPD patients to use anytime and anywhere without human interference.
d) Webcam helps patients to perfect their inhaler technique by practicing with the onscreen instructor and visual feedback.
e) Engaging animations help patients to learn faster with better retention.
Fiona Shetty MD
Phone: 401 603 1984